Montag, 8. Juli 2013

TOMATO COCONUT SOUP WITH GLASS NOODLES



No carbohydrates, super easy to cook and so yummy. I love asian soup, it's healthy and so delicous.
Especially with glass noodles. I made this soup yesterday as I came home from work. I had no onions at home (and I have to say I’m a real onion lover) so I took the chance with garlic. And this really was a good chance. I love to cook from things that I got at home. I’m not that recipe cooking type, I mean of course I love reading recipes and if something gots me I make it. But if there is something missing it's no problem for me to find a substitut.

I love these thick glass noodles, they have this special taste. It’s hard to get them here, I just know one asian market that sells them. So everytime I get there I stockpile myself with these yummy asian pasta.


ingredients


2 tbsp olive oil
7 gloves garlic
1 can tomatoes (400g)
1 can coconut milk (400ml)
1 tsp salt
chili powder, as much as desired
400 ml water
6 tbsp soja sauce
3 pinches of ginger powder
3 spring onions
roasted sesame oil
200 g glass noodles



 how you do it


Peel garlic, heat olive oil in a  large pot on medium heat. Slice and chop peeled garlic and add  to the pot. Roast about 15 to 25 seconds till they start to smell and turn golden.
Add tomatoes, coconut milk, salt, chili powder, water, soja sauce and ginger powder. Stir together and let cook on medium high heat about 30 minutes, stir occasionally.
While cooking the soup, roughly slice the spring onions.
After 30 minutes of soup cooking, preapare the glass noodles (follow discription on package) do not cook them to soft. Just do it like you cook pasta: al dente.

Put prepared glass noodles into a little bowl, add soup with a ladle. Garnish with spring onion about 1 to 2 tbsp and sprinkle with about 1 tsp sesame oil per portion.  


Serve 2 to 3 people as a full meal or 4 to 6 people as an appetizer, xoxo Jess

1 Kommentar:

  1. Hmmm... sounds nice!
    Ich glaub, ich versuch mich mal an dieser Suppe! Sieht jedenfalls schon sehr lecker aus!

    AntwortenLöschen